Monday 23 February 2015

SAC Challenge - 2015 - Week 2....Put myself back in school

Interesting challenge this week. A song for a 15 to 18 year old female. Think pop.

Hmm....okay, first thing was to line up some co-writers. I'd kinda like to try different co-writers for each week of the SAC Challenge. Last week, I was part of a four-way co-write. Two writers in Toronto, two of us in the Vancouver area.

This week, I'm going to do a three-way cowrite. Try to think of who to bring into co-write. Ahh, I'll keep it all West Coast...and approach Michael Holland and Dave Daoust. Okay, we are all well past our high school days.but isn't that what challenges are all about?

They agreed, but we couldn't pull the time together until Friday night. Fast forward to Friday night. Michael brought in a killer title and chorus lyric. Great! Working fast, Dave, Michael and I flesh out the verses, and the bridge, and tweak the chorus.

Michael will do up the tracks in his studio, and try to find a female singer on very short notice. It's going to be a heavy work load on Michael, to get it done over the weekend.

Okay...now it's Monday afternoon. We've been throwing out a few lyrical edits through Facebook. Michael emails us an mp3 of the instrumental tracks. It sounds great! Michael will get his wife to lay down the vocals, and then mix it all together....hopefully before the midnight deadline.

It's coming up. The deadline is minutes away. In my mind, I see Michael in his studio (bear in mind, I've never seen his studio), pressing and pushing dials, trying to eat over the console, muttering to himself.....and thinking how did he get talked into this....and he's never gonna cut it so close again.

Hopefully, though, he's also hearing how well the song is turning out...and that it's energizing him.

I know that it energized me. I'm so grateful that both Dave and Michael agreed to write. A good team!

https://soundcloud.com/michael-holland-11/unstoppable



Unstoppable
© 2015  Michael Holland, Dave Stanley Daoust, Lucy LeBlanc,
 
High School in the inner city
All those cliques and geeks and freaks
It’s cool if you think I’m pretty
Just don’t underestimate me

Prechorus:
I’m the one that’s going to make things happen
Won’t settle for in between

Chorus:
I’m UNSTOPPABLE like a runaway train
I’m UNSTOPPABLE, I’m a hurricane
Wherever I go, I’m the star of the show
When I make my move, all the others look slow
Yeah, nothing’s impossible
When you’re UNSTOPPABLE

Tell me I’m not gonna make it
I’m so strong I’ll prove you wrong
You’ll see how I’m gonna take it
On top yeah that’s where I belong

Prechorus:
I’m the one that’s going to make things happen
Won’t settle for in between

Chorus:
I’m UNSTOPPABLE like a runaway train
Watch out baby, I’m a hurricane
Wherever I go, I’m the star of the show
When I make my move, all the others look slow
Yeah, nothing’s impossible
When you’re UNSTOPPABLE

Bridge:
Not like the rest
I’m an express
Fast and fearless
Built for success

Chorus:
I’m UNSTOPPABLE like a runaway train
Watch out baby, I’m a hurricane
Wherever I go, I’m the star of the show
When I make my move, all the others look slow
Yeah, nothing’s impossible
When you’re UNSTOPPABLE












No comments:

Post a Comment