Saturday 14 February 2015

SAC Challenge - 2015 - Week One....Getting Organized

Who is Matt Dusk? And how did I not know about him? Google him. Ah, jazz singer. "Two Shots of Happy. One Shot of Sad" mmm....very very nice!! He's got that mellow tone with an undertone of bittersweet, that says follow me. Ah yes. I just might.

Next up, Matt singing "My Funny Valentine".......well, that seems right, as today is Valentines Day. mmm....he does it again. Classic. He's got that mixture of pleasure and sadness in his voice.

Our first challenge. A song for Matt Dusk. Similar to his previous works? No. Now he's looking for a song that is more contemporary for his new record. More groove based. Think Rock Mafia, or  Foster The People's song "Pumped Up Kicks". Well, maybe I shouldn't have first bought into his classic sounds.

Or for down tempo, John Legend's "All Of Me".....that's a style that I can hear Matt singing. Can I write something in that style? Well, I'm going to try, with the help of  Maryjane Viejo, Michael Nowak, and Roger Beckett. But, if they want to try a song in the style of Rock Mafia, I'm up for that as well.

This will be an interesting four-way write. Maryjane and Roger live in Toronto, and Michael and I live in the Vancouver area. Trying now to arrange the best time to schedule a Skype write. With a three hour time difference, and everyone's work schedule, it's not easy to pull everyone together. But we will work it out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lucy, glad to see you here on the Challenge 2015. Looking forward to hearing your song...have fun writing!

    ReplyDelete